Welcome to our library!
Each class visits the library weekly for Specials. Students work on Problem Based Learning and Technology Projects as well as critical thinking and research skills. Choice, creativity, communication, and collaboration are key features of instruction in the North Springfield Library. Students are encouraged to explore and challenge themselves, all within a safe and supportive environment.
- Students may check out as many books as they can carry.
- If you want to restrict the number of books your child checks out each week, please email Mrs. Madigan, @email.
- Students may choose any book, regardless of content or reading level. If you do not want your child to read a certain book, please have him/her return it to the library.
- All books are checked out for three weeks.
- Please return books on time. A good way to help your child keep track of library books is to keep them in the same place at home, a spot which is separate from personal books and public library books.
- Books can be returned in the classroom library book return cart or put in the outdoor (white) Library Book Return bin near the front entrance of the school.
- Students with overdue books will be sent home with a receipt to remind them to return these books.
- Students may visit the library each morning between 8:25-8:45 to return and check out books.
Renewing and Putting Books on Hold:
- Students can access their library accounts using the Destiny Discover link above. They should click “log in” and then choose the Google (left side/blue) option to sign in using their FCPS username and password.
- Like with the public library, students can renew books they want to keep longer and put books on hold. They do not need to bring the books to the library to renew them.
- Students are responsible for the books they check out. If they loan them to a friend or lose them, they must pay the replacement cost.
Maura Madigan, Librarian
email: [email protected]